Sunday, July 01, 2012

June 2012

This year I decided it is time for me to make my own winter wear instead of purchasing some cheap sweaters.  So blue sweater is based on the patterns for the brown and pink sweater.  It is made from Lions Brand Home Time super chunky yarn ( 100% Arcylic)on size 19 needles.  It IS VERY HEAVY will be great as my out door sweater this winter.

This is Sirdar Big Softie yarn and the pattern is Sirdars.  I dont like the "non" sleeves but the collar Ii love  also although the yarn is super chunky its a lot lighter than the Lions Brand its a blend of merino yarn.

This is based on a pattern in Vogue Knitting Magazine.  Its was a trellis pattern but I decided to use measurements and design elements and straight knitting.  It is a 3/4 sleeve which with the Sirdar Yarn was great but not as nice with Lions Brand.


100% Arcylic yarn Lions Brand Sour Candies size 2 cardigan

 100% arcylic yarn by Lions Brand size womens 8 socks.  Bright Yellow

 100% cotton yarn  size 8 womens socks

not shown and already delivered size 9 1/2 womens socks triple E width in blue, yellow, and cream
also a pair of fingerless gloves


Had a bit of yarn leftover so made the Once Upon A Time blanket for next set of grandbabies.

had just enough leftover Lions Brand to make Honey a lap blanket.

Started making doggie bisquits for RD and Charlie their favorite recipe is
1 mashed banana, 1 grated carrot, 1/2 c applesauce unsweetened. 1`/2 c water, 1 c rolled oats (not quick cook) 1 1/2 c of whole wheat flour mixed well and pat into small round cookies bake at 350 for 25 min.

Started keeping a diary of sorts for my grandchildren regarding my memories of our family members.

Also, My Brother Joseph Stephen Blackshaw was interned in North Dallas National Cemetry over the Memorial Weekend.

July will be a very very busy month for my honey and I lots of planned trips and finishing chores.

No comments: